In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
You can always find the latest information on the vaccine's availability in the Western U.P. on the Copper Country Strong website. This week we have updates on vaccine availability at Walgreens in Houghton and Ironwood and Snyders in Calumet. See the full list of places you can get a vaccine by visiting coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine.
Remember, starting Monday anyone over the age of 16 is eligible to receive a vaccine.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR April 1
The previous update was Monday, March 29. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 31 more positives, 1 more probable positives, 23 more recoveries, 2 deaths and 22.80% fully vaccinated (up from 21.90% -- meaning 496 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 3 more positives and 22.68% fully vaccinated (up from 22.41%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 7 more positives, 2 less probable positives, 8 more recoveries, 1 death and 24.66% fully vaccinated (up from 23.83%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 21 more positives, 3 more probable positives, 12 more recoveries, 1 death and 20.58% fully vaccinated (up from 19.45%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 1 less positive, 1 more recovery and 27.35% fully vaccinated (up from 25.91%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 1 more positive, 2 more recoveries and 30.32% fully vaccinated (up from 29.84%)
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.