In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR MARCH 18
The previous update was Monday, March 15. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 24 more positives, 18 more probable positives, 19 more recoveries and 19.11% fully vaccinated (up from 18.10% -- meaning 556 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 2 more recoveries and 20.95% fully vaccinated (up from 19.67%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 1 more positive, 4 more probable positives, 5 more recoveries and 18.01% fully vaccinated (up from 17.20%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 19 more positives, 14 more probable positives, 10 more recoveries and 17.69% fully vaccinated (up from 16.55%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 3 more positives, 1 more recovery and 22.60% fully vaccinated (up from 21.05%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY:1 more positive, 1 more recovery and 26.30% fully vaccinated (up from 26.08%)
Vaccine information available at coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine
Residents can visit coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine to locate a vaccine provider in their area. Those without computer access should call 211 or their healthcare provider for assistance in scheduling an appointment.
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.