In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Briefs will be shared regularly through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Currently, they are released on Mondays and Thursdays.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
You can always find the latest information on the vaccine's availability in the Western U.P. on the Copper Country Strong website. Today we have updates on vaccine availability at Walgreens in Houghton and Ironwood and Snyders in Calumet. See the full list of places you can get a vaccine by visiting coppercountrystrong.com/vaccine.
UPDATE FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
UPDATED NUMBERS FOR MARCH 29
The previous update was Thursday, March 25. All numbers below are in comparison to that update.
- TOTAL: 22 more positives, 7 more probable positives, 18 more recoveries and 21.90% fully vaccinated (up from 21.00% -- meaning 507 more people)
- BARAGA COUNTY: 1 more positives, 1 more recovery and 22.41% fully vaccinated (up from 22.21%)
- GOGEBIC COUNTY: 3 more positives, 5 more probable positives, 4 more recoveries and 23.83% fully vaccinated (up from 22.52%)
- HOUGHTON COUNTY: 16 more positives, 1 more probable positives, 10 more recoveries and 19.45% fully vaccinated (up from 18.76%)
- KEWEENAW COUNTY: 1 more positive, 1 more probable positive, 2 more recoveries and 25.91% fully vaccinated (up from 25.14%)
- ONTONAGON COUNTY: 1 more positive, 1 more recovery and 29.84% fully vaccinated (up from 27.42%)
Featured MDHHS Information
COVID-19 VACCINES & FETAL CELLS
At michigan.gov/covidvaccine you can find a ton of data related to the vaccines that are available to Michigan residents. One datasheet available on the website includes information on COVID-19 Vaccines and Fetal Cells. The page includes facts about fetal cell usage in the vaccine development and deployment. In addition there are links to how various faith organizations have addressed this. View COVID-19 Vaccine & Fetal Cells Data Sheet (PDF).
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.