In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
UPDATES FROM WESTERN U.P. HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Below are updated numbers since the last briefing, which was on Monday, July 20.
- Baraga County: Three new recoveries.
- Gogebic County: Six new positives, three new probable positives.
- Houghton County: Four new positives, two new recoveries.
- Ontonagon County: One new positive.
UPDATES FROM HOUGHTON/KEWEENAW COUNTIES
- As normal supply chains have caught up with demand, the ability for the County to request PPE from the State has decreased considerably. At this time, agencies that were eligible for PPE from the County must provide a list of the suppliers that the agency has contacted (and been denied) before the PPE can be requested by the County from the State.
- Houghton County passes COVID-19 resolution, https://www.mininggazette.com/news/2020/07/houghton-county-passes-covid-19-resolution/
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.