In collaboration with the Western U.P. Health Department and Emergency Operation Centers in Baraga County, Gogebic County, Houghton County, Keweenaw County and Ontonagon County, Copper Country Strong Daily Briefs will be shared each weekday through the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
You can receive an email alert when a new briefing is posted. Subscribe here.
Updates from Western U.P. Health Department
- The Western Upper Peninsula Health Department (WUPHD) received notification today of the first COVID-19 positive case in Keweenaw County. The asymptomatic case was found during preoperative testing protocols at an area hospital. The health Department continues to investigate the case. Close contacts include recent visitors from downstate. Additionally, the agency reports another asymptomatic positive for Houghton County today that is under investigation.
“We will be closely monitoring any individuals who may have had direct, personal contact with the identified cases, such as household contacts,” said Kate Beer, Health Officer at WUPHD. “Additional information will be provided if our investigation reveals any possible lower-risk community exposures. Case investigation and contact tracing are becoming even more important as stay at home orders are lifted.”
- UP adds several new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, via TV6
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to extend no-cost benefits for COVID-19 treatment through year’s end, via TV6
- Isle Royale to begin reopening process Wednesday, via TV6
- UP Health System Portage Begins Allowing Visitors On A Limited Basis, via Keweenaw Report
If you have an update you would like included in this daily brief, please contact the appropriate county or the health department. Contact information can be found at coppercountrystrong.com/contact.
An archive of updates can be found at coppercountrystrong.com. The community is invited to view that site and subscribe for email alerts when a new brief is posted. Links will also be shared on the Copper Country Strong Facebook and Twitter pages.